Ride vehicle push-pull testing gets underway at Walt Disney World's TRON Lightcycle Run rollercoaster

9 days ago in "Tron Lightcyle Run rollercoaster"

TRON Lightcycle Run pull-through ride vehicle testing - March 18 2022
Posted: Friday March 18, 2022 11:13am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Walt Disney World's TRON Lightcyle Run rollercoaster reached another significant milestone this week with the start of pull-through testing.

In the push/pull test, sections of the seven-vehicle train are slowly moved through the entire ride track.

These images show a regular lightcycle vehicle and one of the accessible vehicles for guests who may have difficulties with the normal lightcycle seating position.

Once the track is completely ready, trains will begin launch tests at incremental speeds, eventually working their way up to full-speed launches.

Elsewhere at TRON, work is continuing to install the overhead plastic canopy, and we also see the patterned design on the underside of the canopy.

Click the gallery to see more pictures of TRON Lightcycle Run construction at Walt Disney World.

Discuss on the Forums

danlb_20001 day ago

You are probably right, just looking at one of the earlier pictures and there is no rebar sticking out of the top of the wall and there probably would be if they were going to pour a concrete roof.

James Alucobond1 day ago

I would assume actual? It's bolted to the concrete walls in such a way that, to my eye, it wouldn't make sense as a form, and it matches the concept art.

danlb_20001 day ago

Interesting, wonder if that is the actual roof, or a form for a concrete roof.

ToTBellHop1 day ago

One gets the impression they finally want the train back.

DCBaker1 day ago

Tunnel starting to take shape - https://allears.net/2022/03/26/photos-were-another-step-closer-to-the-return-of-the-walt-disney-world-railroad/

Moth1 day ago

It doesn't even look like they're gonna give it a gift shop anyway, so there goes that. 😥

Walt d2 days ago

Im a user’ lets hit this thing running”

mrflibble3 days ago

6:45 in this video if anyone wants to see.

OG Runner6 days ago

Just keep riding until you can't feel any pain. (or anything from the shoulders down)

G00fyDad7 days ago

I hope not.

JoeCamel7 days ago

Yeah, I don't see a lot left to do. Hardscape and landscaping and install tracks is pretty much it unless they really screwed up the ride build. Dress it out with paint and signage and open. Plenty of time to hit their opening.

ToTBellHop7 days ago

Nah. Let’s take this at a light jog.

DisneyfanMA7 days ago

That's good context. I wouldn't bet on it either. But you never know!!! I won't lose sleep over it as I'll be with my family of children aged 5.5, 7.5 and 10. There is lots to look forward to since I haven't been since about 2012 with adults on a day trip.

ilovetotravel19777 days ago